Seasons come and seasons go but in Florida, the seasons can be harsh. We want to make sure that we are prepared for those seasons as we tend to run our units a lot during those times. We need to make sure our HVAC units can keep up with those hot summers or those cold winters or fall cold fronts.
What happens when you do not keep up with your maintenances? Just like a car repair, something could break down that could have been caught and avoided ahead of time. Now its led to costly repairs and you are out of cool AC when it is hot or warm heat when it is cold.
We recommend a maintenance once every six months before any major weather change or season change. Here are a few reasons why a maintenances are important for your unit:
1. Helps to avoid costly repairs by keeping everything running optimally and fixing the issues before it leads to bigger ones.
2. Reduces your energy bills since your system is running more efficient. Having regular maintenances helps your system run at its best and cools (or heats) your home more efficiently, which in turn reduces your energy bills.
3. Most warranties on systems require two maintenances a year for the warranty to stay valid. Check in on the requirements of your unit so that you know you are not voiding warranty.
4. Clean coils and filters mean clean air. The better the air quality, the healthier and the better you breathe. An un-maintenanced unit can lead to mold, bacteria, dirt and dust and can worsen respiratory problems for people in the household.
5. Having a regular maintained unit can prolong the life of your HVAC unit. With the amount of money you spend having a new unit installed, take well care of that unit so that it may last you 10 or more years!
We believe it is best to get a maintenance in spring right before summer and a maintenance right before fall. If you haven't had your maintenance yet, feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you. Lets keep you and your unit healthy and efficient.